Sunday, January 21, 2007

Cruising with pirates in the Caribbean

Brrrr...with temperatures outside in the teens, I got cold just writing those last posts on Alaska cruising. If you're like me, you're probably thinking about cruising in the Caribbean right about now. If so, I thought you might also be interested in reading my cover story in the November-December issue of EnCompass magazine, Hanging With Pirates in the Caribbean. Admittedly, the subject matter -- pirates of yore -- predates modern-day cruising, but you can put together a pretty nifty theme trip for yourself by following in the wakes of the likes of Blackbeard, Calico Jack Rackham, and Henry Morgan, on islands such as Jamaica, Puerto Rico, and the British Virgins. If I come across any official pirate-themed cruises (how about it, cruise lines?), I'll keep you posted. Arrgh.

No comments: